CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

About Me

My photo
Hello World... My name is Laurence Cambe. I am a student of the Northern Marianas College and now in my senior year. I was born and raised on this tiny island called Saipan. Although, it may seem so far away from the real world, I believe it is one of the most beautiful places to be on. I am now a Full Time Educator at William S. Reyes Elementary School, although, I am looking forward to my graduation this May. I hope you enjoy my blog...

Flat Stanley Project

Here is a slide show of pictures of me and my students working on the Flat Stanley Project. For my slide show I used picturetrail. It was very easy to use. Very user friendly. I did not have problems with uploading and creating the slide show. The template that I used was just one from the many provided. For those who love to create slide shows and share pictures, picturetrail is a great site to use. So, here it goes and I hope you enjoy once again... ;)

Friday, February 29, 2008

WebQuest


Here's the link to our Webquest: http://zunal.com/webquest.php?user=8079

Our project for this week focused on Webquests. A Webquest is a research activity in which students collect information, where most of the information comes from the world wide web by the necessary links provided.
My fellow group members for this project were Diane and Clarissa (Clare). We chose our topic to focus on the Solar System. We chose the topic because we wanted it to focus on an area that children have an idea of. The Solar system was a choice because we thought it is an idea that has been talked about for many long centuries. It has brought on many changes till today and still scientists and researchers continue to do research and findings. Our objective for this Webquest is for students to learn more about the different planets and their surroundings and to learn how to work do collaborative and individual group work. The Webquest focus is for students to also have the opportunity to do research using technology.
This Webquest will help improve the students learning by helping them gain an experience on how to use technology and incorporate it in their different strategies of learning. This Webquest will help improve the students’ skills in using a computer and the different related skills needed to operate the Internet in looking for important facts and information.
The most important lesson I learned from this activity is that as a future teacher it wouldn’t be hard for me to incorporate technology and having to spend so much money to buy software or materials to get a lesson relayed to students.
Furthermore, what I like about the web-based online tool we used for our Webquest is that it was very user-friendly. Zunal.com was a great tool because it provided the step-by-step instructions in order to complete the Webquest. The only downfall of zunal.com was to use word to fit the size and how you wanted your text to look and then cutting and pasting it into the template on zunal.com. I also dislike how we didn’t get a preview of what we have done so far; rather we had to publish it first.
Lastly, I really learned a lot from this Webquest project. I really think zunal.com is a great web-based online tool. However, if I were to do another Webquest, I would want to do more research on other interesting topics to focus on. I would want to do web searches on different student and teacher links that will be useful to the theme I will focus on.

0 comments: