CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

About Me

My photo
Hello World... My name is Laurence Cambe. I am a student of the Northern Marianas College and now in my senior year. I was born and raised on this tiny island called Saipan. Although, it may seem so far away from the real world, I believe it is one of the most beautiful places to be on. I am now a Full Time Educator at William S. Reyes Elementary School, although, I am looking forward to my graduation this May. I hope you enjoy my blog...

Flat Stanley Project

Here is a slide show of pictures of me and my students working on the Flat Stanley Project. For my slide show I used picturetrail. It was very easy to use. Very user friendly. I did not have problems with uploading and creating the slide show. The template that I used was just one from the many provided. For those who love to create slide shows and share pictures, picturetrail is a great site to use. So, here it goes and I hope you enjoy once again... ;)

Sunday, February 10, 2008

Flat Stanley Mind Map

Here goes Flat Stanley on Mind-Mapping. The concept or characterization I chose for this Mind-Mapping project was a list of ideas I could include in my Flat Stanley Lesson Plans. I chose this concept because it is a very helpful tool to brainstorm the different ideas that could be used with our lesson plan because without brainstorming you’ll lose all your ideas. This concept will also be a very helpful tool with my future students when planning or doing a certain project or activity. My learning outcome or expected goal for my mind-map is to try to incorporate all these ideas into my Flat Stanley lesson plans and to help myself get organized with setting ideas. Further, this mind-map of my Flat Stanley Project will help improve my students learning of the concept because it further explains the ideas and what activities they will be doing. Basically this mind-map will help students understand and get to know the Flat Stanley Project.
The most important lesson I have learned from this activity is how to outline my activities to help students learn the concept of the Flat Stanley Project. Moreover, this activity will be helpful because we could always edit it for our lesson plans or add other ideas or information that will be useful for creating our Flat Stanley Lesson Plan. This activity has helped me to understand the basic uses of a Web2.0 tool such as Gliffy and the JingProject.
Lastly, because I thought this was really fun and very helpful I will continue to use this tool (mind-map) for projects, activities, and lesson plans for other subjects. However, I hope to discover other FREE and user Friendly Web2.0 tools for mind mapping.

0 comments: